Sunday, September 18, 2011

In the Beginning,

I am venturing into a very unknown world of blogging.
Testing the waters just to see what comes of it I suppose.
I just started a new chapter in my life, college. I am studying fashion design at the Savannah College of Art and Design and I wanted a way to document this amazing journey.
What better way to take you through my college experience than to share all of the great fashion and not-so-great fashion I am exposed to while I am here.


I am so excited to be apart of SCAD and I am so excited for the future ahead of me. For some exciting inspiration, here is a video of SCAD students presenting their work at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.




The name of my blog, Honeybees, was inspired by our school mascot. Honey is what is produced when bees venture out and collect pollen. Here at SCAD, we are all bees working to create our own personal style from what we collect when we go out.

To know where I am coming from, here are some designers that I adore:



There is no doubt in my mind the Alberta Ferretti knows what she is doing when dressing women. There is just something about thigh-high, crushed velvet boots that screams glamour.
Although, her latest show may not have been as cohesive as expected, it clearly shows the transition from day-wear to night-wear.




I have been a long time fan of Stella McCartney. Her tailoring is not to be beaten and her feminine flair is always there. In a season where everyone turned to menswear for women, she made sure that it didn't look like you wear wearing your husband's suit. And coming from a girl who doesn't usually like polka dots, I am obsessed with them in her show.



When I am wanting to see a perfectly executed evening gown, Elie Saab is who I turn to. He designs to show the elegant curves of a woman's body, making you want to live in a gown like that. His collection is full of plunging neck lines and sexy dresses just draping over the figure of the woman.



When a leather trench coat looks that good, you know that something is right. Valentino is a brand that stays true to what they are good at. With designers, Maria Grazia Chirui and Pier Paolo Piccoli leading the way, many items have become new trademarks of Valentino; like the T-strap pumps that are so popular, and the dainty studs that appear on numerous items. I am always excited to see what's next every season.

Not to say that I look like these models on a daily basis or expect anyone else to, these are just my all-time favorites. I love seeing new ideas and alternative takes on normal clothing items.
How could you ever become bored with fashion, when you can barely keep up!



All images from Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment